Cooler fall air and leaves changing to brighter colors can bring up a host of fond memories for seniors. You might recall great times from your youth, especially around Halloween. Daily Caring recommends six fun fall activities to get you into the spirit of the season.
- Enjoy fall-themed coloring pages: There are many available online so the fun can be shared with younger family members as well. Coloring is a real stress buster.
- Make decorations: Both Halloween and Thanksgiving can be more festive with decorated pumpkins and fall garlands featuring colorful leaves.
- Work on a fall-themed jigsaw puzzle: There are puzzles from 36 to 500 pieces that depict fall scenes that all ages can enjoy together.
- Prepare homemade treats: Easy-to-make treats can be baked and are delicious.
- Get ready for trick-or-treaters: Preparing goody bags and decorating your doorstep will make Halloween fun for the whole neighborhood.
- Enjoy the scenery and fresh air: A crisp fall day is perfect for a walk to take in the scenery, get good exercise, and fill up on fresh air.
These fun activities will bring out the kid in any adult and create pleasant memories for those around you.
Council of Seniors Wants You to Get All You’ve Earned in Benefits
When it comes to Social Security, you should get a treat, not tricked. That’s why Council of Seniors is working tirelessly to get Congress to pass The SAVE Benefits Act. This bill is needed to recover the portion of the Social Security cost of living adjustment (COLA) that was insufficient in recent years. Once passed, seniors will be reimbursed $581, money that’s belonged to them all along.
We hope you will please take time right now to sign our petition. Together we can show Congress how many people support this bill.
Do you do anything special for Halloween? Leave us a comment and let us know.